Morningside Care Home
Request a visit
- Meet your family
Morningside Care Home, in Wishaw, serves to meet the holistic needs of individuals over the age of 65 with complex physical and mental health issues, who, for a number of reasons can no longer remain within their own home.
Specialising in old age and Dementia Care, Morningside is able to provide a homely, comfortable and secure environment where residents are at the heart of all decision making.
The home is well-located for local amenities and is very much an integral part of the local community.
Morningside is part of the Thistle Healthcare portfolio, who enjoy a respected position in Scotland regarding the quality of their care services.
The Care home offers:
- 60 ensuite bedrooms offering views of the gardens and local community
- Opportunity to personalise your private living space
- All bedrooms have television points and a 24 hour alert
- Full lift access to the first floor
- Wheelchair friendly
- Choice of large spacious lounges and smaller quieter areas to relax in
- Internet access for residents and visitors
- An enclosed garden area full of colour and fragrance
- Routine daily activity planner
- Residents and Relatives committee and local participation strategy to encourage service user involvement in all aspects of Care Home life.
We pride ourselves on the variety and quality of activities which constitute being meaningful to people by providing cognitive and physical stimulation is extensive within the Care Home.
- Silver Surfers Club
- St John’s Kettle on service
- Reminiscence – memory lane
- St Bridget mass
- Local Church services
- Flowerly engine
- Art & craft
- Movie nights
- Regular outings
The staff at Morningside Care Home are committed to supporting the people who live here to lead a full and active life.
Our dedicated team of staff will work in partnership with you and the wider multidisciplinary team to provide you with the highest standard of quality nursing, medical, spiritual and social care and attention, tailored to your needs and wishes and as required by the National Care Standards.
Our Manager of Morningside, Christina Simmons, works alongside a highly qualified and experienced team, including but not limited to:
- Registered Nurses
- Care Staff
- Team Leaders
- Ancillary and Hospitality Staff
- Housekeeper and Domestic Team
- Chef and Catering Assistants.
What People Say:
First Class Care! - 'I would highly recommend this nursing home. the care is excellent and the staff are very friendly and caring. The food is also excellent and caters for all diets. Nothing is a problem. The home is very clean and comfortable.'
Amazing Caring Staff - 'I wouldn't hesitate in recommending Morningside care home to anyone whom was looking for a very high level of care. The Staff at Morningside are amazing, they really do care and treat the residents with the up most respect at all times. Its a really nice atmosphere from the moment you walk through the doors, and you are made to feel very welcome indeed.'
Excellent - 'My gran was admitted to Morningside Care Home - Start of January 2014. I have been in a number of care homes throughout the years and can honestly say Morningside staff could not have been more welcoming. The home itself is stunning and homely. For the first time in years my family are happy that my gran is safe and settled somewhere that she will be get the care she deserves. Thank you to the staff and manager - Christina.'